Friday, December 2, 2016

It's Over Now

I'm (kinda) free! And so are a heck of a lot of writers!

So, the solid ending for National Novel Writing Month is officially over, and I'm pretty happy about it. My handle on my sanity was starting to fade a little bit. I ended somewhat significantly under 50,000 words, but did get about 36,000 in there. So, not great, but definitely good.

[Side note: I met a girl who, with two days left of November, still had 127,000 words written. From that month. I admire her will to write]

I am very happy with the thoughts that have turned out into words and the characters that I've had conversations with... And the real idea now is that it's only going up from here. I have the beginning laid out, I have the plot started, and I have... A sense of accomplishment?

Also, Christmas is coming - that's good news. I'm broke, but it should be fun anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment