Monday, October 31, 2016

And Here We See NaNoWriMo

It's about to be a frenzied month, I'll tell you that much.

With all the homework I have, the job I'm trying to hold up, and the mess that is my room, there's not much that's going to keep me motivated except the story itself. I think it's definitely going to be a difficult task to keep a story up, especially with the way my writing habits have been over the past few months (they haven't been pretty).

But I really hope this story keeps me motivated.

The story is called How to Become a Cat Lady, and it's not only about cat ladies, but magic, as well. In fact, the cat ladies are the magical piece of the story.

Here's some pieces of the inspiration to chew on:

"Being a witch, in the present century, is a lot less about potions and spells, and a lot more about the cats and boots to go with your hat."
"Not that we don't use potions and spells."
"Oh, yeah, we use potions and spells daily. But... The cats!"

 How to Become A Cat Lady

This is some concept art I had for the cover - I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to all the ideas (AND CATS) for this book. I've planned all the major characters, got a few main plot points down, and whipped up some background information today. I don't want to say that I feel like I'm ready for this book, since it's such a dangerous trick to play on yourself... But I am so ready, at least to get started on this idea. I have big hopes and dreams for this little guy.

On the other hand, good luck to your writing this month! There are no promises or spells I can bless you with that will keep the writer's block away, but I can wish creativity and imagination upon you, and send hopes of good cups of coffee or tea or apple cider to you this November. I plan on updating the internet with all of my news (and maybe even a couple day to day snippets) on how the month progresses.

May your writing be inspired and your writing juice of choice be potent.

Link to the Pinterest board: https://www.pinterest.com/allysonita/witch-darling/?etslf=3288&eq=witch

No comments:

Post a Comment